Thursday, September 4, 2008

We're back from the dead!

HELLO!! Sorry it has been so long since our last post.... I guess life just gets in the way!! So what new with us? I really should ask what's not! So here goes....

Eric has started school....again.....but for the last time (at least until grad school)! That's right-- he graduates in December! We've felt like it would never come but here it is creeping up on us.... YIKES.... real life? What's that? :)
He has a new calling.... he is now that second counselor in the Stake Sunday School Presidency. And he is enjoying the last few weeks of working up at the caves since he will be done in mid-October.

As for me... I am now working a little bit. Back at Alpine, but only PRN (on-call). I am so excited to be back- sometimes it's nice to have a conversation with someone that will/can talk back! Sheena is such a sweetheart and is watching Sawyer on the days I have to work! I am still in the Young Women and loving it! And we just found out that next summer for Youth Conference, we are going to get to go to Nauvoo...via train! So we are hoping that everything works out and we can stay until next fall. I am currently trying to come up with a clever name for my "company"-- well....sort of. I have decided I am going to make and sell cards. So if you have any brilliant ideas that you are willing to share... i just might have to give you a credit!

Sawyer is growing like crazy. He is crawling now, and he has discovered that he would much rather stand up in his crib and look around than sleep! He is almost 9 months old....and he says "mamamamama" all the time!! I like to pretend that he actually knows what he is saying! His favorite food is currently cheese, although he will eat pretty much anything-- not a picky eater.

Our garden is flourishing. We have way more than we will ever use. Eric likes to make salsa with all the tomatoes and peppers, and the pumpkins have taken over!

One of my best friends and her husband have moved in right next door... talk about convenient! It's a lot of fun to have them there!

So that's what's been going on with us. Maybe someday I will have the time to just sit down and share my thoughts on completely random things.... since that is kind of what a blog is for.... but for now- it is what it is! :)

3 comments:

Michele said...

It's true life just gets in the way sometimes. I am so jealous that you get to go to Nauvoo next year that is so awesome! IF you need help getting rid of your veggies, I would love to help!

Amanda said...

Yay! :) I'm glad you are back from the dead. That's so exciting about Nauvoo! How fun!
P.S.-your salsa is great!

Natalie said...

Lindsay!
So I was AP blog hopping and found you!
So great to get the little update on your fam and your cute boy! I didn't know you were back PRN!?! Perhaps I will get to see ya sometime :)
I went back to AP full time for a couple months after I had Hallie and then was able to go very part time...about 10 hours a week 2-5 hour shifts at night... it's great.
I would give you my blog address, but alas I have not joined the world yet...
Glad to see and hear that everything is good for you guys!
Natalie F
bugghead@comcast.net