So I'm sure that all the women out there who are BETTER mothers than me know that you do NOT give a pen to a one year old. Even if you put the lid on so tight that there is no conceivable way that your child could get it off. I'm saying this because I have discovered that even if they can't get the lid off-- they will do other things with it, like throw it into your laundry basket (full of whites) to be discovered as your pulling your freshly laundered, ink-speckled clothes out of the dryer.
If this has ever happened to you...I'm sure you are laughing at me! But I do have a bit of useful information to share. Even though the clothes are beyond helping, the dryer still has to be cleaned so that future loads don't share the same fate. The best thing to use on this is rubbing alcohol. It takes it right off! I hope this isn't already common knowledge and I'm just the slow one barely figuring it out....but it really does work! Just make sure to wipe it down afterward so the alcohol doesn't affect the next load.
It's so unfortunate that we have to learn things the hard way, but I did learn two things today:
1. Don't let you child play with a pen and
2. Rubbing alcohol is essential for cleaning up after a child who does get a hold of a pen.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Learn from my mistakes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh my gosh lol! I am going to cherish little carson so much right now since he cant really get around!! LOL, get myself prepared!
hahaha!!! That post made me laugh! That is some very useful stuff maybe you should start writing a book to give to me so when I'm a mom I will never have anything like that happen to me! haha jk! I love your new blog design that picture of Sawyer is way cute!
Oh I feel for you! Zane hasn't gotten a hold of a pen YET and I HOPE not but they are fast! We once found a RED sharpie in one of Alan's jean's in our dark load, that bit the big one!
Yeah, even for the childless I can feel ya on that one! Like one of the worst inventions EVER for husbands was cargo pants. I seriously pull like 4 pens and 40 Kleenex's out of those pockets EVERYDAY! I forget to check pockets sometimes and yeah, not cool. Thanks for the tip about the dryer.
Post a Comment