It all started a few weeks ago. For my birthday, Eric got me a trip to Las Vegas! We decided to let Sawyer stay behind with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and dogs, and go child-free! Eric's parents decided to meet me halfway so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to drop him off. I stopped to see a friend along the way, and we ate Little Ceasar's pizza just like old times! Our boys played for a little while and then Sawyer and I left to battle the snowy roads. We finally got there and, since this was the first time I've ever left Sawyer for a prolonged period of time, I lost it (K- so I'm a baby anyways, but this was just too much, wondering if I would ever see my little boy again). Major dramatic! I sat there and cried for a few minutes, got it together, and headed back home. And everyond knows that when you are leaving on vacation, anything that goes wrong--WILL! I forgot to fill up the car with gas for the drive home (I blame it on my sob session!) and I ran out of gas on the freeway. Bone dry- out of gas! The car locked up, shut off, and I was just coasting as I hit the off ramp. Luckily, someone was watching out for me and help came. But this little problem ended up in a major car repair (a new fuel pump, a very large chunch of pocket change, and some more tears on my end. I just wanted to get the heck to Las Vegas! We stayed the first few nights at the Excalibur, went to the knights/jousting dinner and show that they do, got massages, shopped, swam, ate a LOT of food, saw a movie, hit the casinos, went to Hoover Dam, and had a ton of fun!
The state border at Hoover Dam
Looking straight down from the top of the dam
After we got back I headed to Burley to pick up Sawyer (he just looked at me for a while when he saw me, like he didn't believe I was really there). Luckily he's forgiven me for leaving him. And then we spent the rest of the week in Burley. For the weekend, we went to Pocatello and Idaho Falls to see more family. We had a lot of fun but it's so nice to be home after two weeks of constantly going. Now he's taking a nap, and I actually had a few minutes to update! Back to my once-a-month regularity.
Eric has been accepted to Colorado State for his Master's program! He will start in the fall, but he has opted to take his courses online so we're not sure where we are moving yet. We'll let you know when we decide.
My new haircut. It's also a little darker than before--I've never gone darker before, but it's growing on me!
Here is a little video of Sawyer playing with his new favorite toy. He is obsessed with basketball-- he LOVES it! Eric got him this basketball hoop to play with. But we've created a monster... he throws a fit when we make him stop (like to eat or something) it's unbelievable! But at least he likes it right?
Monday, March 2, 2009
Our Travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
it's cassidy from work. what a great husband, that trip sounds like so much fun.You're hair looks so dang cute. your little guy is turning into quite the basketball player. I hope everything else is going good for you. you look really happy
Lyndsy, I've been wondering where you've been! (heaven forbid I pick up a phone and call) Sounds like so much fun :)
Cute hair!! Sorry about the gas dang it! ya should have called me. It sounds like you had a fun trip though!
I'm glad you survived the separation and that you guys had fun. So... any thoughts on moving to Hawaii? You know, one can have a great time living in Hawaii and doing grad school online. Tell Eric congratulations on getting accepted from us. (And seriously- consider the Hawaii thing!)
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Glad you had a good birthday and I LOVE your hair!
Post a Comment