Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday... we sure did! We started off by going to church (well, half of church). Even though we have every Sunday to stop and consciously THINK about our Savior, it's nice to have a specific day that we FOCUS on Him and all He's done for us. I'm so grateful for the blessings I have in my life because of Him. In young women's we had an amazing lesson on the blessings of the priesthood, and I know that alot of women have issues with the fact that we don't get to have it, but I'm honestly so glad that I don't have to worry about the responsibility that comes with it. I just get the blessings without having to really do anything (granted I have to live worthy to recieve those blessings), but I kind of like to think of it as recieving a paycheck without doing any of the work. In some weird way that works for me!

After church we cooked up a delicious meal and headed over to enjoy it with some friends. And after that we put on an easter egg hunt for the kids. This was the first year we've done that (since Sawyer was only 4 months old last year). They loved it! We didn't really hide the eggs, we just set them out all over the grass for them to pick up. And the weather was AWESOME! It was so good to get outside after being cooped up all winter in our little apartment! I hope it keeps up! The "Easter Bunny" brought Sawyer a few fun little gifts. He recieved the movie Oliver and Company (it has dogs), Crazy 8's, some alphabet fridge magnets (which he likes to knock of the fridge and then laugh), and some candy! It was great...my 15 month old has smarties and chocolate for breakfast! And of course, once he had the candy he didn't want anything else! But he had a really fun day. It was full of yummy food, candy, new toys, playing with Emma, jumping in his crib, shooting basketball, playing outside, and wearing himself out! Definitely one of his top 10. Here are a few pictures to sum it all up.

Sawyer and Eric ready for dinner...


This was our Easter egg hunt!


This one turned out blurry, but of course, it's my favorite one!


Sawyer and Emma just picking up eggs.


After they had picked up all the eggs, they got distracted by a bunch of birds. And needless to say they forgot all about the festivities, all they wanted were those darn birds!


All three of us.


Sawyer and Emma doing their favorite activity....jumping in the crib (it's really quite funny, they jump and jump and jump until they just can't jump anymore!)


Emma giving Sawyer a hug. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it... but it was cute!


And Sawyer has finally figured out how to shoot at his basketball hoop from the floor. We used to have to stick it up against the couch and then put him on the couch so he could make it, but NO MORE!! What do you think....a future NBA star in the making? (Sorry- I am incredibly computer dumb and i couldn't figure out how to flip it it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh he is getting so big linds. I love the video of him playing bball!

The Jessee Journal said...

Hey Lindsey, I posted the sneak peak already, so go and check it out!