Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My most recent grocery trip

My latest trip to the grocery store I have decided is "worthy of the blog". Eric chuckled (and I swear he rolled his eyes) when I got home and started setting up the groceries to take a picture, but I was excited... so here it is.

Total at checkout: $169.99
Total I paid: $88.69
Total after a mail-in-rebate: $73.69! (That's over a 50% savings!)
*Plus I earned a 15 cent fuel reward!

Here's a list of everything I got:
5 California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza's
4 bags of Rold Gold pretzels
6 boxes of Post Fruity Pebbles cereal
1 bag of Ruffles potato chips
2 bags of flour
10 cans of frozen juice
2 gallons of milk
2 boxes of Yoplait Gogurts
2 loaves of bread
2 cans of French's French Fried Onions, and
4 cans of Enfamil baby formula.

My average price per item was $1.85. The only things I paid full price for were the 2 bags of flour (at $1.66 each), and the 2 loaves of bread (at $1.50 each).

The guy behind me in line was staring at the screen and finally said "Man, I just keep watching the price go down."

I just smiled!

3 comments:

Jaeme + Randy said...

Haha good job! I have heard of people that always do this at the grocery store. If I bought that much stuff I would forget about it and it would go bad but I think its cool you saved that much!

Leisa Moulton said...

That is awesome!! How do you do it?? Where do you get your coupons? I would like to start couponing, but I have no idea where to start.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

I'm impressed with your shopping skills! And your baby girl is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!