Thursday, July 17, 2008

Vacation #2

OK- technically it was family reunion #2, but I'm calling it a vacation! Over this past weekend we went to the Hepworth family reunion. I'm talking about 4 generations worth of people....or in other words A LOT!! We go back to my great-grandmother, who wasn't there in person but in spirit- her 6 children (my grandparents generation), all of their children (my parents generation), all of their children (our generation), and all of their children(the up-and-coming generation). It was really cool to see and meet some of these people that I had no idea I was related to, and to catch up with others that I hadn't seen in a really long time. All-in-all, we had a really good time!

Here we are standing next to the "welcome sign".

Each family got matching shirts! They have our first names on the front- so that we could remember everybody's names, and then on the back it stated which of the 6 children we belong to! As you can see ours say "Janet's Clan" (Janet is my grandmother) and her decendents were assigned bright orange (each family was assigned a different color). I thought the names that the reunion committee came up with were rather clever. The other five were (in no particular order): Ron's Squad, Bill's Bunch, Alan's Army, Wayne's Gang, and Mary's Mob! Pretty creative! All weekend we wore our "shirts" so that we knew who came from which child.

We had access to a pool and decided to take Sawyer for his first real swim- in a real pool! He loved it!

Sawyer, Grandma, and Grandpa! This was as he was getting ready to go to bed, so he wasn't decked out in the orange shirt...

Sawyer, great-grandma (Janet), great-grandpa, and us!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like fun! Where was the hotel and spa at?

Michele said...

Looks like you have been busy and having fun! I need to call you so we can get together, I'm a slacker! It's just been so hectic this summer. Talk to you soon.